CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 1, 2012

For My Husband...

With all that has been weighing on his mind & heart, I thought maybe Adam could use a little reminder. A reminder of my promises. A reminder of my love. A reminder that I will be here for better or worse until the end of time. A reminder of the words I spoke on on our wedding day...


When I met you, I knew that we were going to have an amazing journey. Before you, my heart was shattered & I honestly thought I would never be able to trust a man. But you took your time collecting all the pieces of my broken heart & slowly put it back together with every sweet poem, endless hours of instant messages, painfully long bus rides & home-cooked meals. There will never be words to express all the little things you do that leave me wide-eyed in wonderment…Like the way you even ATTEMPT to change Nolin’s diaper even though you are gagging. Or taking the dogs out in the snow when I know what you’d really like to do is strangle them with their leashes! Or insisting on carrying the laundry up & down the stairs because you know I’m a klutz. 
But I don’t just love you for the things you do for me. I love you for who you ARE. Your strength has shown me that its okay to let my guard down. That I don’t ALWAYS have to be in control! Your self- control to know when to walk away when my temper flares always kicks in on time. You love me even when I’m impossible. You are a wonderful man, amazing father & I know with complete certainty that you will be an incredible husband. You are my dream come true!
I promise to always put you first. I promise to rub your feet after you stand on concrete at work for 12 hours. I promise to make you happy just because. I promise to never go to the grocery store unsupervised. I promise to always be the best wife & mother I can be. I promise not to let my OCD tendencies run over your OCD tendencies. I promise to always honor you & the commitment we have made to each other. I promise to love you until my last breath is spent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment