CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Tuesday Snapshot

4am: I have breastmilk running down my back from a 3m old who managed to undress himself in the middle of the night & a 2yo running around the house willy nilly in the dark.

5am: I finally wrestled Nolin back to bed. Not before he woke Adam up though. He shrieks "I want my Daddy!!!" while I try to nurse Mason back to sleep. Again.

6am: Nolin is STILL protesting being dragged back to bed...By kicking me repeatedly in his sleep. Good times.

7am: I'm finally alone in my big ol bed. Wait...Where's Nolin?! I jump up & run to the living room to see Nolin has pried the floor vent up & is stuffing it with musical instruments.

8am: I have breastmilk running down my back again. Time to sign this baby up for Overeaters Anonymous. Nolin has decided to make sure that every single toy he has that makes a noise is going off at the same time. I need a Starbucks delivery asap...

9am: Nolin spits yogurt everywhere & throws a flip flop at my head. When I smack his hand for throwing, he turns around & smacks the baby. I give him the "I'm about to lose my marbles & beat you" look & he takes off down the hallway. Watching his chubby legs try to keep up with his body cracks me up!!!!

10am: Really?! Prying up the floor vents again?! I thought we covered this...Now I have to grab the tongs again. This time its to fish my freaking flip flops out. And his cup. I'm building a house with vents in the walls. This shit is beyond ridiculous...



11am: Nolin grabs a pillow & asks for Buzz (aka Toy Story 2 that we DVR'd...Must buy these movies lol) which can only mean one thing...NAP TIME!!!

12pm: Still no nap. And bonus? He's decided to paint the carpet with spaghetti. As soon as I clean that up, he spits chewed up grapes all over. Seriously...When does this stage end?!

1pm: Still no nap. Well, for Nolin anyway. I can't seem to stay awake! He keeps telling me he wants me to go "night night" with him so I follow him to the bed, we lay down & as soon as I start to fall asleep he bolts from the room, slams the door & I hear giggles & the pitter patter of little midget feet running away in glee! He thinks he's clever lol. Punk!

2pm: He finally fell asleep. On the floor. Without his pants. Watching A Shark Tale. Whatever works...

*Now what do I do during naps...Eat? Dishes? Laundry? Pick up the house? Get ready for tonight...shower stuff, bath stuff, the boys' pjs, set their vitamins out, get Nolin's rice milk ready, make sure I have plenty of diapers/pullups by my bed for midnight changes? Get ready for the morning...pack my lunch, get the boys clothes out, pack up my pump? Take a nap myself? Catch up on blogging? Oh the dilemma...

3pm: Well damnit. By the time I made up my mind which of the above I wanted to accomplish, Mason woke up. And he's mastered a new skill!!

In case you were wondering...He sleeps on his stomach :)

4pm: Nap didn't last long. Nolin gets on the floor to play with Mason but ends up peeing on him. Mason counters by spitting up everywhere. I'm exhausted & tonight is bath night so I wipe them both down with wipes. I'm an awesome Mom right?! Afterwards Nolin brings me a bag of sweet potato chips (I assume that means he's hungry) & asks to watch Buzz. Again.

5pm: Nolin runs to the door to greet Adam. Hallelujah!!! I love when he comes home at 5 instead of 6! It's nice to have an extra set of eyes on Nolin & he makes AWESOME dinners (I'm especially pumped for tonight's spinach & feta stuffed turkey burgers, carrot parsnip cakes, tator tots & salad!) Plus he's hot. And he comes home dirty covered in grease & coolant. It so...Manly. Hahahaha!

6pm: Dinner was awesome. Minus the carrot parsnip cakes. Even my old trusty stone ground mustard couldn't save those babies :p Too bad the guy behind the meat counter at Earth Fare is apparently unfamiliar with how to package burgers though. Nolin apparently decided that his food was worth chewing but not swallowing. Ew. Mason decided his dinner wasn't enough & fussed for more.

7pm: Mason is starting to meltdown. I finally get him calmed down enough for a bath. He relaxes as soon as he hits the warm water...Til Nolin throws a hard bath toy at him. I snatch the screaming, wet baby & my fat add chases Nolin down the hall but Adam catches him 1st. In case you were wondering, its virtually impossible to thoroughly bathe a chubby, wiggly, screaming, pissed off baby. True story. Afterwards I feed Mason while Nolin screams for food. Again, that's what happens when you don't SWALLOW your food. So we give him his recycled dinner. He eats it while jumping on the couch & watching Alvin & the Chipmunks (I veto'd another round of Buzz). Watching him dance & listening to him quote movies is quite possibly my favorite past time. He's so smart :) Just not smart enough to listen when he's told to do something 847 million times!!!!!!

8pm: Mason is protesting going to bed even though he can't keep his eyes open. Silly boy...Nolin is dancing & singing like a mad fool to the Chipmunks...It's super funny! And cute :) Finally Mason caves in. After I lay him down I toss Nolin in the shower & scrub him up. Adam takes over the rest of the routine so I can shower myself. I hate, no LOATHE having long hair. What a pain in the ass.

9pm: Nolin is out!! Good job Daddy :) Now I have a million things to do to make my morning run smooth & easy. And I'm starving. Hopefully I can be in bed by 10 tonight...

10pm: I hate pumping. To make up for it, I eat a bowl of ice cream before bed.

6 comments:

The McCormick Family

haha. this is so real life:)

Lindsey

Yep. This is reality lol...While frustrating at times, its hilarious & I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! You have soooooo much to look forward to! Good think Hayes is such a sweet boy though :)

Noelle Spooner

Were watching toy story 3 right now, again. Starbucks delivery = best idea ever!!

Lindsey

Ah!! He discovered that one in KY but we don't have it :( He's kind of obsessed with Buzz right now lol. Hmm maybe I could capitalize on the Starbucks idea LOL! Around here there aren't even any drive thru ones!!! You can imagine how much fun I had today with a 2yo & a 3m old trying to wait in line for my java fix o_O

Moe

This post effectively made me to decide to only have one child. :) Just stopping by to check out your blog. It is hilarious.

www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

Lindsey

Hahaha thanks! We certainly didn't plan it this way but I wouldn't trade it. I don't think I know how to live without chaos anymore! Thanks for stopping by :)

Post a Comment