CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Nolinator

So my Mommy-brain has lost a significant amount of brain cells between 2 pregnancies & I fear that I'll forget the little moments with my boys. I'm hoping to do an update on each them monthly, if not more often (especially Nolin since every week he's up to something crazy lol!)
1. Nolin officially talks in his sleep. Things I routinely hear him say/do...
  • Uh oh
  • Mommy, no!
  • (laughing hysterically)
  • And some gibberish but its in his yelling voice
2. He's started doing this weird thing where he eats his food but refuses to swallow it. So after he's chewed it into a nasty ball he spits it out on the table. Ew.



3. We've officially reverted back to his discovery phase. You know, the one where he played in the toilet, flushed his toys & splashed in the dog water bowl.

4. Every day he finds more inventive hiding spots. I've been missing several cups & articles of his clothing. His favorite hiding spots at the moment? Under the reclining chair, inside floor vases, behind couch cushions, under the crib in the nursery, inside the stove of his play kitchen, end table drawers & floor vents.

5. The only #'s he cares about when we practice counting are 2 & 9. He knows the others...He just doesn't care lol.

6. He apparently HATES the TV now. He never wants to watch tv. Only movies (specifically movies about animals...Rio, Chicken Little, Barnyard, Alvin & the Chipmunks...Oh well, at least he's over Cars for now!) He has also started throwing things at the tv during movie scenes where he's mad at someone (which by the way, it AMAZES me how much he comprehends in movies!)

7. Despite his near-death drowning incident...The kid is still obsessed with water. We turned our lopsided pool into a slip & slide 2 weeks ago! He thought his fat Momma hurling herself across the yard on wet plastic was freaking hysterical! Luckily Adamhad a chance to level out part of the yard so we can actually use the pool as a pool lol. And just in time for Nolin's party!

(Haha! You thought you were going to get a picture of my fat butt sliding across the yard didn't you?!)

8. His latest "Drive Mommy Nuts" move is keeping his hand in his pants. Specifically the one with his sucking thumb. Mmm. The other day he woke me up with his hand & mouth covered in poop. Awesome. I panicked. I have no idea if he actually ATE any but I scrubbed him down raw & brushed his teeth til he gagged. It still makes me shudder to think about...This has also resulted in him loosening his diaper while in bed with us the other night so that he ended up peeing all over me. Super awesome.

9. I absolutely LOVE that Nolin has developed his "pretend play" skills!! He loves to cook you food & you had BETTER pretend to eat it. And like it lol. He also likes to play "pizza delivery man" where he pushes you into a room, closes the door, knocks & yells "PIZZA, PIZZA!!" Hahahaha! God I love this kid...

10. Current interests are: cars/trucks, music, dancing, tools, swimming or anything associated with water, bubbles, balloons, movies, swinging (like a big boy) & bugs. For his birthday we filled the hallway with balloons for him to run in. My original idea was to have him wake up to a room covered in them but he won't stay in his own room!


I sure wish I had this idea a year ago! It would've been nice to track Nolin's development within his 1st year (which is probably what Mason's blog will be doing lol) but also to record all of his silly antics. Many of you have said that I should write a book about all of his craziness so I guess this will be a good start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment