CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation Day 7 & The End

Saturday. Ah the reason I came in town...Jamie's wedding shower!! Dad kept Donovan & Nolin so that we women could relax & have fun. She really racked up the gifts! The food was amazing, the company was awesome & the games were fun (even though I couldn't play most of them since I knew her too well lol). I sure hope she had fun. I know how she hates being the center of attention! Unfortunately I was taking pictures on her camera so maybe someday I'll be able to add those. Otherwise the only picture I have from that day is of my little buddy...Who entertained everyone, especially while he was eating & slurping lol!



Sunday we headed to church. Nolin was surprisingly well-behaved...Til he spotted D's train under the pew. Then all hell broke loose!! He didn't understand (or care) why he couldn't play with this obnoxious toy in church. I tried to distract him by asking if he wanted to color but he thought I said "car" so he tried to dash out of the sanctuary!! Luckily I had some friends running the nursery that morning with their little boys that were his age. It was fun to see him playing with other boys his age. And catching up with old friends!


Nolin wouldn't stay still so I had to wait until he passed out to snap one!
After church we headed to Cheddar's. I had been begging to go there all week & Mom had requested it as her belated birthday lunch. There are just certain restaurants in KY that I miss dearly up here in OH :( That's one of them!

Once we had eaten I packed up the car, we said our goodbyes & hit the road. Luckily the trip home was a little smoother but not by much. Nolin slept most of the way while Mason alternated between sleeping & screaming. At one point I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled over at a rest area to check on him. Of course he had pooped lol. And then figured he would eat since we were already stopped. Booger. When we finally came home...It was to a house without power. Awesome. So we unloaded, re-packed some essentials into a duffel bag & headed to a hotel. That was probably the best sleep we had in months haha!

All in all, it was a great trip. It was no vacation by any means but it was nice to see my family & friends again after 9 months. I missed Adam though. Hopefully some day we can actually take a family vacation together!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment