CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Liebster Award...Part 2

Ah, now its time for me to answer the questions that my dear old friend developed for her nominees...

1.  What is the most stupid thing you’ve ever done? What was the outcome?
  • I guess I would have to say getting married the 1st time around. There were multiple signs from the beginning that it was a toxic relationship. And even more signs from God that it was simply NOT his plan for my life. But in typical Lindsey fashion, I was too strong-willed & determined to have things MY way that I didn't listen. The result? I ended up a divorced 20-something year old with a severe trust complex & more baggage than a plane's cargo hold!

2. Describe the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen.
  • The birth of my boys. Hands down. While neither were the unmedicated, completely natural, waterbirths I preferred...They are still to this day the most absolutely beautiful things I've ever seen!
I think they're the cutest :)


3. 10 years ago, where did you think you’d be today?
  • Honestly? Dead. I'm one of those weirdos that could never visualize the future so I always just assumed it meant that I was going to die before I reached that point! But here I sit at 30 years old & have been through more than I could've ever imagined.

4. Where do you aspire to be 10 years from now?
  • Right beside my amazing husband watching our boys grow up & still having just as much fun as we do now! And hopefully there'll be a little girl in there somewhere ;) Professionally, I'd love to be in management again, specifically on the corporate level. But not at the risk of losing the awesome group of coworkers I have now!

5. Do you hold on to anything that you need to let go of? If so, is it something you can share?
  • I'm still pretty angry with a few people from my past. I'm angry with those who knew what was going on in my 1st marriage & looked the other way. I don't ask people to agree with my choices in my life, but I do ask that they stand up for the truth. I feel like most people backed down & there was a great deal of injustice.
  • Consequently, I also fear that many of the horrible things said about me could possibly be true. And I fear that one day Adam will throw his hands in the air & decide this is all more than he bargained for.

6. What is your “life’s legacy?” What do you want to be known for?
  • I want to remembered for my sense of humor. For my honesty. For being a good person. I want to be remembered as the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, etc that the ones I love had. I want my kids to remember how much I loved to make them laugh & hear those little giggles. I want my husband to remember how much I loved him...And how I would do anything under the sun to make him happy. I want my family & friends to remember how much I appreciated them standing by my side...I want a kickoff party when I kick the bucket. Not some drab funeral :p

7. Is there anything that you pretend to understand that you totally don’t?
  • Politics. Medicare changes. Men.

8. What is your “worst habit?”
  • Cursing. I hate it...But I swear like a sailor. Its completely unattractive.

9. What do you think is your most attractive attribute?
  • Physically? My eyes. Personality? My sense of humor.

10. What made you start blogging?
  • Adam & I both agreed to settle between our families which meant that neither were getting to be a part of our daily lives. I started the blog as a way to provide more information than a Facebook status would let me post!

11. Describe a relationship that means the most to you.
  • This one is tough. There are several relationships I have that I would absolutely just fall apart without: Adam. The boys. My mom. My sister. My mother-in-law. They each have their place in my life...None of which can be filled by anyone else!

Stay tuned for Part 3 where I will nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Award & have my own list of questions for them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment